America’s Best Children’s Hospitals Picked
(June 25, 2009)
The top ten best children’s hospital in America are published in today’s US News & World Report survey of 56 ranked children’s hospitals.
The top ten honor roll in alphabetical order:
- Children’s Hospital (Denver)
- Children’s Hospital Boston
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Children’s Medical Center (Dallas)
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Johns Hopkins Children’s Center (Baltimore)
- New York-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital-Washington University
- Texas Children’s Hospital (Houston)
A 65-page hospital survey and the opinions of thousands of specialists went into the scoring developed with the help of the National Association of Children’s Hospitals and Related Institutions (NACHRI).
The facilities most likely to provide exceptional pediatric care are freestanding children’s hospitals and large multi-specialty pediatric services according to the report. 160 such facilities were identified and the top 30 were ranked in ten specialties: cancer, digestive disorders, heart and heart surgery, neonatal care, neurology and neurosurgery, and respiratory disorders, diabetes and endocrine disorders, kidney disorders, orthopedics, and urology.
The extensive methodology and details can be found in the US News & World Report online.
Comments are closed.